HYDERABAD: In a fire that occured at around 11 am, a pile of plastic, belonging to Srikrishna Plastics, stored for recycling was gutted in Gaganpahad on Sunday.
Bystanders called up the fire control room after spotting thick smoke emanating from an open area. While four fire tenders were deployed, including those from Chandulal Baradari, Moghulpura, Langar Houz and State Training School, Secunderabad, it took over six hours to control the fire as thick smoke was causing a hindrance
The extent of the damage is expected to be around Rs 7 lakh. Owner of the recycling unit, Vimal Kumar Bang, collapsed after seeing the stock go up in flames and was admitted in a private hospital in the city. His condition is reportedly stable but he has been kept under observation. The cause of fire is believed to be an unstubbed cigarette butt.
Source By :