A major fire broke out in a plastic recycling unit at Gaganpahad in Rajendernagar, which gutted plastic scrap worth nearly Rs 20 lakh. No casualty was reported.
Officials said the fire at Sri Srikrishna Plastics Private Limited started around 11.30 am. While a fire tender from Chandulalbaradari fire station immediately rushed to the spot, four more fire tenders from Moghalpura, Langer House, Vattinagulapally and RGI Airport later joined in the operation. It took about six hours for the fire brigade to bring the blaze under control. Plastic scrap dumped in two acres of land were gutted.
The fire was first noticed by children who were playing in front of the manufacturing unit. The owner of the manufacturing unit, B. Kishore Bang, collapsed after watching the news on television and had to be admitted to the hospital. His brother later informed fire officials that the loss could be around Rs 20 lakh. “We are yet to ascertain the exact cause of the fire. Since it was a holiday for the unit, we are ruling out short circuit as the cause. We suspect a burning cigarette butt might have triggered the fire,” said Sudh-arshan Reddy, fire officer, Chandulalbaradari fire station. The Water Board and GHMC assisted the fire fighting operation by providing water.
Source By :