More than 10 tonnes of plastic material was damaged after fire broke out in a plastic recycling unit under suspicious circumstances at Gaganpahad near Rajendranagar on Sunday. However, no one was injured.
The factory owner developed cardiac problem and was admitted to a private hospital after he came to know about the mishap. Fire officials said waste plastic material dumped in an open plot on the unit premises was gutted completely.
The factory was closed as it was a holiday on Sunday but youngsters, who were playing cricket at a nearby open place, noticed thick smoke billowing out from the factory and alerted the firemen around 11.30 a.m.
Five fire tenders from Chandulal Baradari, Langer Houz, Vattinagulapally, Moghalpura and Shamshabad airport rushed to the spot and the flames were extinguished within six hours. Chandulal Baradari fire officer B. Sudershan Reddy said flames could have erupted after unidentified persons threw a burnt cigarette butt on the plastic material.
Mr. Reddy said the loss could be around Rs.20 lakh.
Source By :